What snoo in FrameMaker <n>

All:

I have attended Adobe roadshows, read handouts from the roadshows, visited
the Adobe site, downloaded documents, and, finally, scoured the FrameMaker
7 User Guide.  Nowhere is there a simple list of "What's New".

In FrameMaker 6.0 I found out by accident that you can rename book
components both in the book window and on hard disk simultaneously.  I also
discovered that you can restructure the book by dragging components around.
A contributor to the framers lists advised that there are now 12 Running
H/F variables in FM7, which will certainly solve a problem we have with
re-using Running H/F variables for different purposes in different files
(chapter, glossary, index) but corrupting them when importing variables.

But why do we have to find out this stuff in dribs and drabs?  Why isn't
there a simple list of improvements?  The alternative is  to compare the
new user guide with its predecessor, sentence-by-sentence.  I have had it
up to here with "Powerful document handling", "Master complex projects",
and all the other motherhood statements.  How about some hard facts to help
us exploit ALL the capabilities of a new release?

And it might help Adobe counter complaints from upgraders about the upgrade
not being worth it as only insignificant changes were made.  I can tell
you, more Running H/F variables is a biggy for us!

[Windows 2000, FrameMaker 7.0/6.0p405, FrameScript 2.1r3, Enhance 2.03,
Acrobat 4.05.2, mif2go 31u33, WebWorks Publisher 7.02, IXgen 5.5.h, HTML
Help Workshop 4.74 build 8702.0, HTML Help 1.31]

Regards,
Hedley

--
Subscribe to Free Framers -- send this message
      subscribe framers your@email.address

Hedley Finger
Adobe Certified Expert, FrameMaker 5.5.x
Technical Communications/Best Practice Mentor
MYOB Australia Pty Ltd  <http://www.myob.com.au>
P.O. box 371   Blackburn VIC 3130   Australia
12 Wesley Court   Tally Ho Business Park   East Burwood 3151   Australia
Tel. +61 3 9222 9992 x 7421  Fax. +61 3 9222 9880  Mob. +61 412 461 558
<mailto:hedley_finger AT myob.com.au>

(C) MYOB Technology Pty Ltd