RE: rotating tables

Karen Pogue wrote:

> I have a table that takes up 7 portrait pages in FrameMaker
> that would be better viewed/displayed on a landscape page.
>
> I attempted to rotate the table inside of an anchored frame,
> but because the table runs over more than one page, this
> feature did not work. The other option is to set the page to
> landscape, but when I attempted this, FrameMaker wanted to
> change the page orientation for the entire file.

In FM7, Larry Kollar's solution should work (I haven't tried it either). But, in any version of FrameMaker, I think the simplest solution is to put that table into its own file.

We tend to think in terms of "file = chapter," but it doesn't have to be that way. With the proper document numbering settings (e.g., use same chapnum as previous file), a chapter can consist of several files, perhaps as short as a single page. And I think that's the easiest way to manage different page sizes (foldouts) and orientations.

HTH!
Richard

------
Richard G. Combs