RE: After importing MIF files in RoboHelp --I'm unable to control formatting of text when creating JavaHelp

Jane Post wrote:

| I posted the following on the RoboHelp JavaHelp forum but haven't
| received an answer. Maybe someone with knowledge of both FrameMaker
| and RoboHelp can help  (please??)??
|
| On 9/27/2002 9:12:00 AM, Jane Post wrote:
| >RoboHelp HTML 2002R2 used to
| >create JavaHelp:
| >
| >Is there any way to maintain
| >consistent spacing for bolded
| >text, numbered text, and
| >bulleted text? The results are
| >often erratic, and never look
| >as they appeared using the
| >View Topic feature.

In my experience, RoboHelp provides very limited support for JavaHelp.
Much of the HTML and CSS produced by RoboHelp cannot be correctly
displayed in a JavaHelp viewer. Your problem is with RoboHelp, not with
FrameMaker, fwiw.

I generally do not recommend using RoboHelp as a JavaHelp authoring
tool. I have published a short article on the issues and alternatives at
http://www.knopf.com/tips/index.html. If for some reason you must use
RoboHelp, be sure to use an external editor like Dreamweaver or HomeSite
so that you can make sure to produce clean, valid HTML and CSS files.

Regards,

David Knopf / Knopf Online / San Francisco, CA
david@knopf.com  /  www.knopf.com
See the HAT Output Comparison at www.knopf.com/resources/hatcomp

Consulting & Training on FrameMaker, WebWorks Publisher & WordHelp
WebWorks Publisher Certified
Consulting & Training on RoboHelp * RoboGURU
Member, JavaHelp 2.0 Expert Group
Moderator, HATT, wordhelp & wwp-users