RE: Cross-ref inconsistencies in FM6 and PDF

Belatedly, I wanted to add that we have had the same problem here. I talked to an Adobe representative at Seybold, but he hadn't heard of the problem before and didn't know why it occurred.

We manually fixed the cross-references (which we had, like you, updated and saved before generating the PS file), and haven't had further problems. While the problem only showed up in one particular manual in a production run, we ended up spot-checking all the other manuals to make sure it hadn't happened elsewhere. It hadn't, but it did make us nervous, especially because we were also having chapters in a book move around (%*&*@!) sometime during the distilling process, for reasons that we have not yet figured out. Never had problems like these before, after many smooth production runs....

Anna Paganelli

>>> "Michael Lewis" <mlewis@brandle.com.au> 09/23/02 01:24PM >>>
Bill,

>::: how come FM didn't complain during a book update,
>
>Don't know. Was the book gen/up'd prior to printing to PS?

Sure was.

>::: and no part of
>::: the PDF generation process complained,
>
>It wouldn't in this case.

So I've learnt!

Michael Lewis

Brandle Pty Limited, Sydney, Australia