Re: Frame 7 Patch

*** The original message appeared on the FrameUsers mailing list.
*** This reply is sent only to the "Free Framers" mailing list.
*** If this message is useful, consider copying it to FrameUsers.

From: "Kay E Hedrick" <khedrick@usgs.gov>
> I was so grateful to learn of the Frame 7 Patch yesterday; however, we
> downloaded the Patch but my document still won't search forward correctly,
> nor will it spell check forward. Has anyone else had the same problem?
> Saving the file as mif works fine, but I'm concerned that the Patch
doesn't
> fix what I thought it would.

If I remember correctly, the problem is caused by special characters
inserted when opening or importing a Word document. Once the FM file
contains these characters that hinders searching and spell-checking,
it's quite possible they stay there. The patch may not try to fix
documents that already are "infected", but it may correct the
import filter that causes the problem, for future import operations.

The above reasoning makes sense from a programming perspective...