Re: Going backwards....PDF to Frame

Val,

BCL Technologies makes a couple of tools that can extract the content and
formatting of a PDF: Jade and Drake.  Both require the full Acrobat package,
they can not run using only the free Acrobat Reader.  INFOCON is a reseller of
these products.

The following is extracted from BCL's web page descriptions of the two tools:
-----
BCL Jade® is the simple and affordable extraction tool that facilitates reuse of
PDF files. BCL Jade allows you to extract text, tabular data and graphics from
PDF files and edit them in Windows applications such as Microsoft Word®, Excel®
and Adobe Photoshop®.

BCL Jade brings inaccessible data trapped in PDF files into reuse. Through its
"zoning" feature, BCL Jade transports the pre-selected text, tabular data and
graphics into other applications making it fast and easy to edit the necessary
information at hand.
-----
BCL Drake® enables repurposing of PDF documents by automatically converting them
to editable Rich Text Format (RTF) documents. Automatically, the software
divides the entire document into zones and instantly creates RTF output while
preserving the original look and the feel of the original document.

BCL Drake Plugin Software is turn-key solution for converting PDF into RTF.
Because it's installed and integrated directly into Acrobat®, you can convert
any PDF document to RTF as easy as printing it out. The structure of the RTF
outputs will match the PDF's original structures so that the information can be
accurately extracted and presented. BCL Drake uses Word® drawing features to
maintain the original page structure of the PDF file; allowing the presented
information to be precise.
-----Val Swisher wrote:

> Hi;
>
> I recently had a contractor walk off with the Frame files for a client's
> project.
>
> Now, I am in the unenviable position of having to recreate the source
> from the .pdf.
>
> Short of typing the whole book into FrameMaker, is there some easy way
> to go FROM a .pdf TO a Frame file?
>
> (I doubt it, but one can wish/hope/etc....right?!).
>
> Thanks for your help.
> Val Swisher

-- Lester
 Lester C. Smalley              Email: lsmalley@infocon.com
 Information Consultants, Inc.  Phone: 302-239-2942 FAX: 302-239-1712
 Hockessin, DE  USA  19707      WWWeb: http://www.infocon.com/