Re: landscape tables

Irene,

Here's one way:
1. Create master pages that are copies of your left and right master pages.
2. Rotate the MASTER pages 90 degrees as needed.
3. Unrotate the main flow body text frame on those pages and resize them to
lay out correctly. (If it was 7 x 9 portrait, change it to 9 x 7 landscape,
for instance, and place it. Frame's not that bright on its own.)
4. On the BODY pages, then, apply the corresponding landscape page for each
table and copy/paste the table into the main flow (not an anchored frame).
[I presume that you've got your table properties set up with the desired
table captions and autonumbering.]
5. Regenerate the book when you're all done.

I've done this before for impossibly big tables and it works but needs
tweaking when the content changes the pagination. (Hedley once postulated a
wish for Frame to link anchored frames or table formats to use specific
master pages, back before Adobe bought Frame.)

Another way would be to do what you're doing, with the anchored frames, but
put the table caption OUTSIDE the anchored frame into the main flow so that
it autonumbers correctly. That probably means putting it beneath or above
the table in portrait orientation.

Deborah Snavely