RE: Controlling white space around graphic frames

Bart asked about setting up "common, preformatted amounts of white space
above and below graphic frames used to hold screenshots."

The easy way to do this in a Frame template is to create a paragraph tag
that will hold the graphic frames (for example, "ScreenShots"). Then you
view the reference pages, create your two space-holder frames (labelled
"AboveScreenShot" and "BelowScreenShot," adding a new ref page to
contain them if needed), and then change the Advanced properties of the
ScreenShots para tag to use the appropriate reference frames as spacers.
You adjust the size of the spacer frames as needed, and ALL instances of
ScreenShots get updated thereby. Standardization, voila!

Note that for placeholder frames like this, the ref frames will be
empty. Also note that, if you want screen captures that appear at the
top or bottom of a page not to have the white space above or below,
you'll need either to create ScreenShotTop and ScreenShotBottom
instances with the appropriate differences, or to override those
instances of ScreenShots (not advised). Either way, you'll still have to
make a pagination pass when doing final edits. (As William Horton says,
even the best of style sheets or templates can only cover about 85% of
cases.)

Good luck,

Deborah Snavely
Document Architect