Re: "Content repository" and Frame

*** The original message appeared on the FrameUsers mailing list.
*** If this message is useful, consider sending it to FrameUsers.

From: "Sims, Joseph" <JSims@Gleason.com>
> We have thousands of part and product descriptions stored in a database
> maintained by our Sales department. Is it concieveable, under any
> circumstances, for Frame to import these descriptions in a referenced, or
> linked manner? The idea would be to open a Frame document, import the
> desired text descriptions, save, and publish.

Take a look at the following products:

PatternStream from Finite Matters (no pricing info available):
http://www.patternstream.com/
http://www.fml.com/dbpublishing/database.html

Products from DataBase Publishing Software (no pricing info available):
http://www.databasepub.com/tech.htm

UniMerge (about $700):
"Database Publishing with FrameMaker & UniMerge":
http://www.microtype.com/resources/articles/UMPAPER.PDF
"Re: FrameMaker and Databases":
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/archives/0010/techwhirl-0010-00264.html
"Re: Database Publishing w/ FM 5.5 under Windows":

Miramo (about $10,000):
http://www.miramo.com/