RE: Figure numbering out of sequence with floating anchored frame s

Dan

You can't have it both ways. Either you are using floating frames & floating
tables, in which case we agree, or you aren't, in which case the trouble with
non-floating tables and frames is that they don't float. This proposition is a
logical tautology. Calling it "absolutely wrong" is merely absurd.

> There is no way to "lose" the Float function for a table, because there is no
such
> thing as an Anchoring Position of At Insertion Point for tables.

Now *this* is absolutely wrong. There are five ways to lose the float function
for a table, and one way to float it. You are very confused on this point.
'Flow' is what text does; 'float' is what frames & tables *can do* if enabled,
otherwise they flow too. Tables float if and only if their Start: is set to
Float; anchored frames float if and only if the Floating checkbox is visible
and selected.

Turning 'Float' off is your privilege, but most of us would consider that empty
bottoms of pages are at least as bad a spacing problem as what you're trying to
fix, and fixing *that* lands you with your convoluted
3-steps-per-affected-frame cut&paste post-process. Taken together, they
strongly suggest that you're on the wrong track. Wasted page depth is a problem
in itself; having to do automatic processes manually to fix it is another
problem.

There is no perfect solution. Otherwise we'd all be using it and there would be
no discussion. Obviously we will have our own preferences and priorities among
the various imperfect solutions which exist.

EJP

[Personally what I'd like would be a setting that would place floated frames &
tables vertically centred in, rather than at the top of, the next column they
fit in, and a better solution to the where-to-anchor problem.]