Re: UNIX version

*** The original message appeared on the FrameUsers mailing list.

From: "Mark Philip" <markphilip_27@yahoo.com>
> I'm currently running FM5.5 on a Mac, but was wondering if Adobe ever
> released a version for Linux. Anyone have any ideas?

Yes, they released a Beta of FM 5.5.6 two years ago.
Adobe has withdrawn the product, and the license to use it expired
a year ago (December 31, 2000). Due to the way Adobe did this, a
number of people made the Linux Beta available and possible to
execute even after that date. If you have no apprehensions to
such a way to use the product, you can easily find out how.

Tip #1: the filename to look for is "fmlinux2.tar.gz"

Tip #2: do a Google Group search for "linux framemaker beta alterations"

BTW, I have no personal experience whether this works or is safe to use.
I do not encourage or endorse anyone to actually try this.