RE: Figure numbering out of sequence with floating anchored frames

At 11:20 AM 11/19/01 +1100, Esmond Pitt wrote:
>The problem with Dan Emory's scheme of explicit anchor paragraphs is that you
>are forced to make the page-breaking  decisions yourself, and you basically
>lose the 'Floating' function. There are occasions when I genuinely don't care
>which figure appears first, I want Frame to figure it out and lay out the
>pages
>optimally, and I'd just like the figure numbering to agree.

You are absolutely wrong. Nothing in my "scheme" loses the "Floating"
function. Specifying At insertion point as the anchoring position denies
you the option to turn off floating, because the insertion point itself
automatically floats.

The description of my method did include a better way to force paragraph
breaks,  but such breaks are not made because the anchored frames don't
float, they're made, for instance, to keep the graphic on the same page as
the text which describes it.
| Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
177 Riverside Ave., STE F, #1151, Newport Beach, CA 92663