RE: Getting rid of hundreds of unwanted color definitions

Hi Verner,
Imported EPS graphics could be the culprit as well.

If you use referenced graphics and work on Windows you could point the
Windows Explorer to the folder where the graphics are stored and perform a
search for files which contain one of those obscure colour strings
"RGB.000.000.000". There are chances to identify the drawing that way.

Then you would probably have to redraw the image, eventually with another
graphics editor which doesn't dump all the colours it has ever seen into the
graphics file.
Also consider to reduce the colours in the drawing to those you really need.
Eventually define a specific reduced palette for that drawing.
Also avoid vignettes as these are often coded as extensive sets of
neighbored colours.

HTH
Rainer

[...]
> However, once I updated the book the color definitions came
> back. I am told
> that this may be due to an old Word drawing imported into the
> file. I cannot
> however find such a drawing.
>
> Question?:
> How do I locate the cause of all the color definition? How do
> I get rid of
> them
[...]