Re: FM+SGML EDD: Automatic insertions

Lester C. Smalley wrote:

>... it is not possible using any of the mechanisms
>provided in the standard program to insert "siblings" ...
>
>... But a simple option is to create a dummy document that
>contains an example of the structure you wish, and just
>cut and paste from it into your actual file to have
>the normal structure you use.

You can also put such snippets in the reference pages.

A while back, I experimented with an AppleScript that would copy
a structure from a reference page into the body at the insertion
point. It worked, but other work got in the way & I never pursued
the idea.

The same should be possible with FrameScript or possibly fmbatch.
--
Larry Kollar, Senior Technical Writer, ARRIS

All parts should go together without forcing.  You must remember that
the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you.  Therefore,
if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason.  By all
means, do not use a hammer.
         -- IBM maintenance manual, 1925