-----Original Message-----
From: hedley_finger@myob.com.au [mailto:hedley_finger@myob.com.au]

All:
 <snip>
Here's another gotcha.  A Glossary contains alphabetic hotspots in the
top margin on the master pages.  When you press Control-Alt and click on
one in the body pages, you jump to the alphabetic group title.  For
example, clicking on P jumps to the heading P that precedes all the p
entries.

Normally, when you print to PostScript with Generate Acrobat Data on
and run Distiller, these hyperlinks are preserved in the PDF.  But not
on this occasion.  They would work in FrameMaker but not in Acrobat.

When examined, all the Hypertext markers on the group titles were okay,
having the format "newlink A", "newlink D", etc.  They were only
preserved in the PDF when they were all deleted from the group titles
and reinserted using the *** Hypertext *** marker dialogue.  If you use
the ordinary Marker dialogue and select the Hypertext type, then type in
the command manually (that is, "newlink W", etc.), they do not work.

I have noticed that similar hotspots in the top margins of the Indexes
in Adobe's FDK documentation do not work, possibly for the same reason.

[Windows 2000, FrameMaker 6.0p405, FrameScript 1.27C01, Enhance 2.03,
Acrobat 4.05.2, mif2go 31r25, IXgen 5.5.h]

Regards,
Hedley

-