Re: Non-breaking em dash and en dash?

I tried removing the thin spaces around the en dash -- no effect.
However, removing line breaks in the entire document for en dash and em
dash (Format->Document->Text Options) does the trick even with the thin
spaces! That I like.

I still would prefer having the choice of specifying the non-breaking
attribute on an instance-by-instance basis *in addition* to doing it for
an entire document (or even -- ahem! -- an entire book. ;-)

Running FM 5.5.6 on Solaris 2.7.

Ezra