UNIX: unavailable fonts message

We have several thousand documents oh-so-close to release, of which a
significant number are opening up, on UNIX only, with Unavailable Fonts
messages and sometimes with Unresolved Cross-References. All documents
are working fine in every respect on NT.

Does anyone know of a script or something that could help us, on UNIX,
open all files, close them and log any problems found? They are in
View-Only format and must stay that way.

Thomas, I've looked at your Web pages and none of yours seems quite to
fill the bill. Am I just too thick, or too cautious?

Charles