Re: Framemaker history ?

At 12:38 PM -0700 26/5/2001, Dan Emory wrote:
>But that was OK, because FrameMaker's only real competition was InterGrief.
>Release 3 added the great table capabilities the product has now.
>Release 4 is when
>Windows and Mac platforms were added, as well as more flavors of Unix.

Dan,
Two minor points about your otherwise excellent and, though some will
no doubt disagree, balanced account.

(1) Perhaps in fairness to Bjørn, who has asked for help with this
early history, you should give InterGrief its real name -- InterLeaf,
I assume.

(3) Are  you sure that support for Windows and Mac was added only
with release 4? I used release 3 on the Mac; perhaps support for
Windows was added with version 4.

LTM

--
Lindsey Thomas Martin

lmartin@sfu.ca / 604.215.9490
Publications, The Fraser Institute
lindseym@fraserinstitute.ca
tel 604.688.0221 x584 / fax 604.688.8539