Uninstalling ATM on Windows 2000

In February, Dov Isaacs posted a message about using ATM
on Windows 2000:

From: Dov Isaacs
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 11:03:19 -0800
Subject: Re: Question about FrameMaker, ATM and Windows 2000

> First I did have ATM installed under Win2K, ...
> Second, as it turned out, the ATM installation I had, was causing problems
> with the powermanagement of Win2K, so I de-installed it, relying on the
> messages that 2000 is Type1 compatible.

Which version of ATM did you install under Windows 2000. Hopefully ATM 4.1.
There should have been no conflict between ATM (Lite or Deluxe) 4.1 and any
Windows 2000 system components.

Uninstalling ATM may have removed your system's capability of dealing
with Type 1 fonts as Type 1. You may need to reinstall Windows 2000 to fix
this problem. It is currently under investigation here at Adobe.

Under what circumstances is it dangerous to uninstall ATM on Windows 2000?
Have this problem been solved?

Thanks in advance,