Why doesn't Acrobat Assistant run under Windows 2000?

Framesters:

I have installed Acrobat 4.05 on Windows 2000.  The installer placed a
shortcut named Acrobat Assistant in the Startup folder of my Start Menu
folder tree which points to the AcroTray.exe file in the Distillr
installation folder.

Thus, on boot AcroTray should launch and install itself in the taskbar tray
along with Volume Control and Date/Time, but it doesn't.  Under Windows 95
& 98, Acrobat Assistant ran as a daemon which launched Distiller whenever
it detected a *.ps file in a watched folder.  You could also double-click
the icon in the taskbar tray to launch Distiller.

I would like these behaviours to occur on Win 2000, but AcroTray does not
launch, either on system startup or when I double-click the AcroTray.exe
file directly.

Does any Windows or Adobe guru know how to get this handy daemon working?

[Windows 2000, FrameMaker 6.0p405, FrameScript 1.27C01, Enhance 2.03,
Acrobat 4.05.2, mif2go 31r25, IXgen 5.5.h]

Regards,
Hedley

--
Subscribe to Free Framers -- send this message
      subscribe framers your@email.address

Hedley Finger
Technical Communications/Technical communicator and FrameMaker mentor
MYOB Australia <http://www.myob.com.au/>
P.O. box 371   Blackburn VIC 3130   Australia
<mailto:hedley_finger@myob.com.au>
Tel. +61 3 9894 0945
Mob. +61 412 461 558