RE: Removing Character styles (can some MIF gurus please confirm my response?)

From: Adrian Morse [mailto:Adrian_Morse@picis.com]

> Actually I didn't really understand why you weren't keen on using Word
> for find/replace in the MIF file. It seemed to work fine for me. Is
> there some bug or "idiosyncracy" with this functionality?

You mentioned one yourself: you apparently need to specify the
correct number of indent spaces. Since the indent can vary for the
different places where you can use your character tag, you would
have to do a find/replace for all possible indents!

Also, you have to open Word and the MIF file, and perform the
find/replace manually and correctly for each file! Compare this
with Perl or UNIX scripts, where you can execute a single command
to open and edit any number of files automatically in the
background. Maybe not an issue for a single file and a single tag,
but consider 100 files and 10 tags and 3 different indents...

Finally, I don't like Microsoft. Or is that off-topic? ;-)