Re: importing SQL tables into a fm document

At 08:40 AM 3/7/01 +1000, hedley_finger@myob.com.au wrote:

>Solvejg, Ethel:
>
>Solvejg wrote ...
> > I would like to know it is possible to import SQL tables into a fm
>document
> > and put it into nicely formatted tables?
> >

>Ethel wrote:
> > I'd also be interested in the answer to Solvejg's question.
> >
> > We've been using Visio to map our SQL Server 7 database and
> > importing the Visio ERDs into a FrameMaker 6.0 document as part
> > of our system documentation.
>
>The traditional way of publishing databases to FrameMaker is to write a
>complicated program that extracts data from the database and writes it to
>an MML or MIF file with the appropriate formatting.  You open the MIF file
>in FM and  -- voila! -- the file is ready to print.  There are a couple of
>products on the market that simplify this process.  One that comes to my
>rusty memory is Miramar, written by a British software house.  I think I
>still have the evaluation copy at home and will email the developer's
>contact details.  Mail me a reminder privately if I haven't followed up in
>a few days.
Two products, Miramo and PatternStream are in the $10,000+ range
UniMerge, by Refined Reports, costs about $800.00, and runs circles
around the other two in most applications. I've written a paper entitled
Database Publishing with UniMerge and FrameMaker. It's available on
Schomo Peretz's website. Go to:

http://www.microtype.com/

Click on the Resources link, and scroll down to Dan Emory's Articles.
You'll find it there.
| Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
177 Riverside Ave., STE F, #1151, Newport Beach, CA 92663