Re: changing an FM book

At 03:56 PM 3/1/01 -0500, Mandy Wells wrote:
>Hello Framers
>I have to change my 8.5X7 double-sided FM book to a two-up layout to make
>the printer happy, unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be covered in my
>FrameMaker for Dummies. The pages need to be formatted like a book, so pg2
>and pg139 on the front of the first sheet, pg 1 and pg140 on the back; pg4
>and pg 137 on the front of the second sheet, pg3 and pg138 on the back of
>the second sheet, etc...
>
>Is there some easy, automatic way of doing this in FrameMaker?
You are describing the process that is called imposition.
There is no way to do imposition in FrameMaker. Delivering PDFs to a printer
who uses Acrobat plug-ins (they cost extra) that do imposition is the only
sensible
solution.
| Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
177 Riverside Ave., STE F, #1151, Newport Beach, CA 92663