learning where text insets are used

Frame folk,
My doc set (about 70 instruction manuals) make use of a set of text insets
(about 50) that describe auxiliary protocols .
These docs are changing constantly, and as I make changes I produce PDFs and
put them into a certain folder on the server that is essentially the print
queue.
When one of my text insets change, I need to be able to track down which
manuals include (contain) that inset so that I can generate an updated PDF
for the print queue. Any ideas on how I could do this?

I'm on Mac OS 8.6, Frame 5.5.6, Acrobat 4.05

TIA
--
Lori Martin
Scientific Editor