Re: OT: Adobe Type format

Adobe does not sell fonts that work directly on Unix, and, at the moment, Adobe.com doesn't have any usable information re how to convert existing PostScript Type 1 fonts to Unix formats. Unix-ready ps fonts in general are hard to find. FrameMaker Unix does not support TrueType fonts.

FM Engr is doing research on available font tools to convert ps type 1 fonts for Unix. Tech Support will use this info to create a TechNote listing some available 3rd-party tools and the process one would go through to convert ps fonts to Unix for FrameMaker. A couple of the toolsets we'll be checking include the Font Manipulation Package from Y And Y, and Fontographer which claims to save ps type 1 fonts in Solaris format.

You might also check out Thomas Michanek's page on the subject at

  http://w1.133.telia.com/~u13304072/framers/fonts/addfonts.html

I'm not endorsing any of the above, more noting that they're out there while we put together our own information.

...Lee

: Lee Richardson       : mailto:lhr@adobe.com : +1 408.536.6412     :
: Engr Mgr, FrameMaker : Adobe Systems, Inc   : +1 408.537.5113 fax :