Re: 2-UP Process Optimization

I don't know what they mean by the "PostScript printer resource files", but
we believe that the best way to deal with booklets and imposition types of
issues is to author your document using logical page sizes. If I understand
your situation here, that logical page size would be 8.5"x5.5". Compose your
document is logical page order, i.e., 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.

Then, create a PDF file with the pages in that same logical page size with
pages in logical order.

You can then use an Acrobat plug-in, such as Quite Imposing or Quite Imposing
Plus from Quite Software to create a booklet of those logical pages on 8.5"x11"
pages. The plug-in queries you for the parameters for the booklet and/or
special imposition requirements and it does the rest.

In this way, you can use FrameMaker for what it does best without resorting
to nasty hackery (multiple logical pages on a FrameMaker page with multiple
frames in oddball orders --- OUCH!) and let Acrobat and PDF do what it does
best.

        - Dov