Gee, ain't dem RTF/*.doc files BIG!

Framesters:

A colleague wanted some FrameMaker files exported as *.rtf or *.doc to
massage in Word and RoboHelp to create tech support docs.

Well, I tried outputting a 44 pp doc to Microsoft Word 6.0/7.0 and
Microsoft RTF.  After grinding away for half an hour and turning a 200 Kb
FM file into a 19 000 Kb *.rtf/*.doc (format doesn't matter), FrameMaker
informed me that the conversion filter had encountered an error.

The file in question contained about 25 screen dumps in TIFF format
imported by reference.

Is it impossible to export to Word/RTF, or is this just a wonderful dream
from which I have yet to wake?

[Windows 2000, FrameMaker 5.5.6p145, FrameScript 1.27C01, Enhance 2.02,
Acrobat 4.05]

Regards,
Hedley

--
Subscribe to Free Framers -- send this message
      subscribe framers your@email.address

Hedley Finger
Technical Communications/Technical communicator and FrameMaker mentor
MYOB Australia <http://www.myob.com.au/>
P.O. box 371   Blackburn VIC 3130   Australia
<mailto:hedley_finger@myob.com.au>
Tel. +61 3 9894 0945
Mob. +61 412 461 558