Format menu question

Hi framers,

I'm learning to use QuicKeys to accelerate some of my FrameMaker tasks,
and I've run into what appears to be an anomaly in Frame itself.  I suspect
the behavior I'm seeing is in fact predictable, but I haven't figured out what
conditions make it happen.

Because I haven't found a way to make QuicKeys move the focus to the
status bar, I've been motivated to look for creative ways to specify a unique
paragraph tag to apply without using Control+9, which is my usual method.

At one point, I found that selecting Format-->Paragraphs included a list of
all of the paragraphs in my catalog below the selections Designer and Catalog.
Later, the list of paragraph tags was gone from the menu.  I'm not sure what
I did as I tried to figure this out, but not long after, the tags reappeared
in the menu.

Does anyone know how the Format-->Paragraphs menu "decides" what
to include?  When this happened to me again today, I switched the focus
to a different Frame document and the tags reappear on the menu, and
when I went to back the original document, they were still there.

I'm baffled.  Can anyone help me understand what's going on?

Thanks,
martha
--
Martha Jane {Kolman | Davidson}
Dances With Words

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me,
  If I am only for myself, what am I,
  If not now, when?"
	--Hillel, Mishna, "Sayings of the Fathers," 1:13