Controlling retention of PostScript file after distilling (on UNIX)

Framers:

I'm running FM 5.5.6 on Solaris 7 and have four different books that I
am distilling to PDF.

With three of the books I end up with both a PostScript file (which I
need for our printer vendor, who isn't yet set up to print directly from
PDF files) and a PDF file (for our CD-ROM); with the fourth book I end
up with just the PDF file.

As far as I know the environment I'm distilling all of these books in is
the same (using the Print command from the File menu and printing to a
single PDF file). I know I could print just a PostScript file as a
separate step after printing the PDF file for the one book that's acting
differently; I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me what might be
going on and what I can do to get the fourth book to distill and leave
the PostScript file behind along with the PDF file.

Thanks,
Ezra