RE: indexing in frame maker

Kevin:

> [...] We also have a
> preface chapter that is numbered with Roman numerals (i, iii, iv, etc.)
We
> have created an index with markers in the preface chapter. When we
generate
> the index, we get the number 1 in front of the preface entries. So we get
> 1-iv, 1-viii, etc. Markers in Chapter 1 are displayed like they should
be,
> 1-1, 1-5, etc. Is there a way to fix this problem?

Go to the book window, click the Preface.fm file, then choose File > Set Up
File.

In the Set Up File dialogue, delete the contents of the Prefix box -- I'm
betting that it currently contains  "1-" or "1\=" or similar.  The Prefix
and Suffix boxes contain characters that are to appear with all page
numbers in generated documents: TOC, LOF, LOT, IX.

Regards,
Hedley

--
Hedley Finger
Technical Communications/Technical communicator and FrameMaker mentor