From: hedley_finger@myob.com.au [mailto:hedley_finger@myob.com.au]
Sent: Tuesday, December 05, 2000 7:29 PM
To: framers@omsys.com; framers@frameusers.com
Subject: RE: On the desirability of repetitious posts [DANGER --
PHILOSOPHICAL]

For example, people frequently get poor PDFs because they (a) use the Save
to PDF, or (b) print to PostScript with a real printer selected (instead of
the Distiller "printer"), and then distil the result.

Perhaps the product could be changed so the crappy Save to PDF is removed
and when the user sets the Print Only to File check box, a dialogue could
ask:

( )  Use current printer for PostScript file intended for printing later
( )  Switch to Distiller "printer" for PostScript file intended for
distillation

That would eliminate at least one vexatiously repetitious query.

Regards,
Hedley

--
Hedley Finger
Technical Communications/Technical communicator and FrameMaker mentor