RE: GIMP TIFF won't display in or print from Win FrameMaker 5.5.6

Hedley,

>Does anybody know of a filter/converter plug-in that saves in a TIFF
>variant format that most other  graphics software understands?  Or any
>other workaround to get to TIFF?

If you've still got one of your Mac boxes, try Graphic Converter
(www.lemkesoft.com); fully operational commercial-quality shareware, $35
US if you buy it but no time bomb. (Useful when you upgrade to a new box
without having the emailed registration number survive the crash. I have
the CD somewhere.)

GC speaks more flavors of more graphics formats than any commercial
product I've ever met, and handles  batch conversions like a champion
while making it easy. I frequently use it to manage graphics that are
going back to the Windoze world, just to make sure I know I'll get
clean results.

Deborah Snavely
Document Architect, Technical Publications,
Aurigin Systems, Inc. http://www.aurigin.com/