RE: indexing bug when using <$nopage>

Heather, Debbi, and the whole crew:

> > I'm having a problem when including "see also"
> > references with <$nopage> in my Index markers. If I include such an
entry
> > in an
> > Index marker after a normal reference, both entries appear in the index
> > with the appropriate page number or absence of page number. However, if
> > the <$nopage> reference is entered in the marker before the normal
> > reference, the
> > normal reference appears in the index without a page number.
>
> Heather,
> Use the <$singlepage> building block to restore the page number of an
> entry that follows one with a <$nopage> building block. See pg. 332 of
the
> FrameMaker 6 User Guide.

To avoid monkeying around with <$singlepage> directives, etc. I would
recommend that you put all Index cross-references in a separate utility
file. You can tell FrameMaker to ignore this file when printing.  Having
xrefs in a separate file also helps when chapters participate in different
books in which some xrefs do not have targets.  In these cases, each book
file can reference its own xref file which contains just those relevant to
the index entries generated from the chapters in that book.

Regards,
Hedley

--
Hedley Finger
Technical Communications/Technical communicator and FrameMaker mentor