Re: Wierd Table Formatting Behaviour

Geoff,

The problem you may be seeing may be due to a setting in the maker.ini
file (fmsgml.ini file for FrameMaker+SGML) which controls whether
FrameMaker adjusts the screen display to more accurately reflect line
layout for printing or look better on the screen.

The setting "DisplayUsingPrinterMetrics=Off" is probably what is in
effect on your system. The line breaks are correct, but you will often
see "extra space" that looks available for additional text at the
right end of lines on the screen. When printed or PDF created, you
will not see this. If you edit the .ini file to change this setting to
"DisplayUsingPrinterMetrics=On", you will get a more accurate display
in terms of where the line physically ends vis-a-vis the right margin,
but the display may not look as good.

Either way, the line breaks will be the same. The difference is in the
manner in which the lines are displayed.

Let us know whether this is indeed the problem on your system and
whether the change in the .ini file "fixes" the symptoms.

        - Dov