Re: Outlining Tool For Frame? {Enhance]

Michael:

> I seem to remember reading something on the list about a Frame plug-in
that
> gives you an outline view similar to that in Word. I believe it lets you
> drag and drop headings (along with associated text)to reorganise
> documents quickly.

It's not a dream. Go to <http://www.sandybrook.com> and check out Enhance.
It opens a parallel window to your document Window and works very much like
Word outlining.  It displays only text, not anchored objects, such as
anchored frames and tables.  You can drag and drop to restructure,
promoting and demoting paragraphs automatically applies the correct para
format.

Split window or multiple windows into a single file, showing different
parts of the same flow or different text flow, and a format area at the
left of the window that displays the format tag for each para.  Lots of
keyboard shortcuts.

How do I know all this?  I am the lazy slacker who is supposed to be
writing the User Guide.  (David, Real Soon Now!)

Rush out now and get copies for all your team.

Regards,
Hedley

--
Hedley Finger
Technical Communications/Technical communicator and FrameMaker mentor