Exporting autonumbers, suffixes, and prefixes to SGML or XML

To my knowledge, there is no way to make FM+SGML export autonumbers,
prefixes, and suffixes. In the case of exporting to XML the
autonumbers/prefixes/suffixes don't appear in the CSS so that they could be
appended or prepended to the associated text. I can understand why it isn't
done, because if it were, you'd have problems when round-tripping between
FM+SGML and SGML or XML (i.e., both the embedded number/prefix/suffix in
the SGML or XML instance and the autonumber/prefix/suffix added by FM+SGML
on import would appear.

It seems to me, however, that there ought to be a read/write rule that
would specify that all autonumbers/prefixes/suffixes are to be exported.

Barring that easy fix to the problem, I wonder if anyone knows of the
existence of an API (or some ingenius trick) that would accomplish the same
thing.
| Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
10044 Adams Ave. #208, Huntington Beach, CA 92646