Re: SOLUTION: Random character substitutions

Dov,

> Which Windows OS and driver are you using?

I specified this in detail, so I won't repeat it.
Re-read my message again and come back to me if there's
still information you need.

> We at Adobe are
> NOT aware of such a problem with the latest versions and
> conversion of TrueType fonts to "outline" (which is effectively
> unhinted Type 1) yields degraded quality.

To avoid misunderstanding: it's the "Outline" option in the
driver that works, "Automatic" or "Native TrueType" doesn't.
However, I do *not* have ATM, but I do sometimes use Type 1
fonts "made available" in FM through selecting a PostScript
printer instance, such as the virtual Acrobat Distiller.
But the problems occurred with documents only using TrueType,
only using Type 1, and a mix of both.
This worked perfectly OK before upgrading to AdobePS 5.1.2,
but I will keep this driver for now.