Re: Ques:Frame6.0 to RoboHelp 7.0 (PC)

On Tue, 03 Oct 2000 12:17:47 -0400, "Joan Thomas"
<JTHOMAS@dictaphone.com> wrote:

>I have never created a help file before, so forgive me
>if I ask a silly question :-)

You've come to the right place...  ;-)

>Does anyone know if the 6.0 version of Framemaker has
>any advantage over the 5.5.6 version (PC) when it comes
>to creating help files?

We haven't noticed any benefits.  OTOH, we haven't found
any problems either.

>We have the new version of Frame, but I haven't installed
>it yet because I was afraid that if I tried to do the Mif2Go
>thing it may not work right,

A groundless fear.  Mif2Go works fine on Frame 6.x.  We
use it ourselves for test-file production.

>plus I wouldn't know if it was a frame or mif2go or
>Robohelp problem. :-)

Um.  Well, if you can't tell these very different sorts of
problems apart, you can always ask us.  Your multi-seat
license at Dictaphone entitles you to email support and
upgrades for the rest of this year (to 12/31/2000).

>I currently have RoboHelp ver. 7 on my PC, but we have
>recieved upgrades to 8 (or 9?) recently. I wonder if the
>new version is any easier to use?

We don't use RH ourselves; Mif2Go has so much built-in
support for WinHelp, HTML Help, and JavaHelp that we've
never found a need for any other post-processing tools.
Mif2Go produces files totally ready for compilation by
the free Microsoft (WinHelp, HTML Help) or Sun (JavaHelp)
compilers.  And if you tell us what added features you
need, chances are that we'll add them on the spot... most
of our enhancements are the results of customer requests.

  (jeremy@omsys.com)  http://www.omsys.com/