using non-iso1 fonts with FM

Dear all,

I would like to ask how I can use non-iso1 fonts with FM? I am using FM
under Linux. I followed the instructions in the manual to install a new
font; it seems to works unless I use characters that are not in isolatin-1
encoding. It appears that FM does some reencoding when import and export a
text as well as when printing, but I couldn't find anything about this
issue in the documentation.

Regards,
Thanh