Call to Arms: Unavailable Fonts

Double Post

Framers,

Could willing  persons post a list of all the places that fonts can hide - and whatever techniques they'd like to share for cleansing files of stray fonts? (Table formats? Ghosting tags? MIF? Delete table formats? Search on fonts? Save as MIF?)

It seems that Missing/Unavailable Font issues are the list's version of Nietzsche's eternal return. Myself, I still lack a systematically procedure for eliminate these problems - and I appear to have plenty of company.

If you'd be willing to trust a writer without a deadline, I would be happy to put together a troubleshooting procedure that aggregates what advice I receive. It could posted to Framers web site, or some such, and, next time someone needs advice on font problems, we can skip the typing and send 'em a URL.

Unless, of course, someone has already done this. In which case, where can the thing be found?

Thanks mucho!

Colin