Frame 6/Sony Vaio XG--not a happy couple

Hi,

My company just switched me to a Sony Vaio XG series notebook running
Windows 2000 with Service Pack 1. My copy of FrameMaker 6.0p405 refuses to
play happily with it. It crashes often. Crashes occur during searches,
spell-checking, and scrolling through a 150 page doc. Printing, while it
doesn't crash, doesn't work. I generally cancel it when it gets to ~1000% or
page 10 of 4 or some other ridiculous number.

My IT dep't thought it might be Office 2000, but when they installed
FrameMaker on a Sony Vaio with nothing else (except Win 2000, of course),
FrameMaker immediately crashed.

Anyone running this combination successfully? Anyone have any ideas what's
happening?

Thanks,
Marge