Index and ToC Bookmarks

I'm having problems getting FrameMaker/Distiller to create the bookmarks
correctly for the index and table of contents. In the bookmarks for the
index, the Group Titles and the Level1IX entries appear at the same level...

an index entry
another index entry

as opposed to...

     an index entry
     another index entry

Bookmarks for Level2IX index entries appear as they should.

For the table of contents, only the heading "Contents" appears (it's
designated as a tag to include). No bookmarks are generated for the entries
in the table of contents.

I'm using FrameMaker 5.5.6 for Windows with Distiller 4.05. I'm generating
the PostScript file using the Acrobat Distiller printer definition.

I have well over a dozen books in which these bookmarks generate just fine.
I have compared the Acrobat settings in FrameMaker and the Distiller job
options, but haven't spotted anything unusual. I have also deleted the index
and ToC and added them back to the book, but nothing seems to make a
difference. If you guys have any suggestions, I'd sure like to hear them.

Thanks.