From: Thomas Michanek [mailto:thomas.michanek@telia.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2000 5:50 PM
To: Iamtherain@aol.com; stuartb@tpg.com.au
Cc: Free Framers
Subject: Re: 2 instances of "find/change"?

From: "Stuart Burnfield" <stuartb@tpg.com.au>
> > Anyone know of a way to open more than one instance of "find/change"
> > at a time? I find myself wishing for that functionality when I'm
> > building an index, when I often switch back and forth between searching
> > for text, and searching for index markers.
>
> I seem to recall when I used a Sun
> workstation a couple of years ago, the keyboard had a dedicated Find
> key that used a different buffer from Frame's Find/Change dialogue.
> So, you could press the Find key to search for a text string, or use
> Find/Change to search for the next index marker.

Unless you managed to set up FM in some way unknown to me, that's not
possible. The Find key on SUN simply does a "find again" for what's
specified in the dialog. (Shift+Find searches backward.)

Maybe you're thinking of buffers for copied text? On UNIX, there *are*
two separate text buffers, so that you actually paste different texts
using the Paste command (or the Paste key on SUN) and using the middle
mouse button (which acts as paste). The quick way to copy/paste text
with the left and middle mouse buttons are extremely handy on UNIX.

Thomas Michanek, FrameMaker/UNIX/MIF expert
mailto:Thomas.Michanek@telia.com   (Sweden)
  http://go.to/framers , or go directly to:
  http://w1.133.telia.com/~u13304072/framers