Re: Font Substitution Problem

> I'm opening a file that was saved on another computer, using fonts that
> are not installed in my system. FrameMaker uses the available fonts, but
> chooses weird ones. Is there some way to define "custom" font
> substitutions during the opening of the file?

Assuming you're using Windows, open and edit your maker.ini file.
The comments about fonts should be possible to understand.
The settings are also explained in the online manual "Customizing
FrameMaker Products".

For UNIX users, the corresponding file is $FMHOME/fminit/fontdir/fontlist
The settings are explained in the online manual "Managing Fonts"
(you need to add or edit the ForeignFamily and MapFont statements).

Thomas Michanek, FrameMaker/UNIX/MIF expert
mailto:Thomas.Michanek@telia.com   (Sweden)
  http://go.to/framers , or go directly to:
  http://w1.133.telia.com/~u13304072/framers
*  U P D A T E D   O N   A U G U S T   2  *