RE: FM6 list numbering problem

Title: RE: FM6 list numbering problem

Did I mention that I'd also tried saving as MIF?

No joy.

The first chapter of my document gives properly-numbered
lists:

1.  First step.

2.  Second step.

3.  Third step.

The second, third and remaining chapters all give unacceptable
lists that are incorrectly numbered like this:

1.1  First step.

2.1  Second step.

3.1  Third step.

I tried importing the formats of the first chapter into
the other chapters.  No change.

What else could possibly be inserting that unwanted "1",
other than a format setting?

This is FrameMaker 6 on NT4.

Anybody have any ideas?

If it's blindingly obvious, feel free to embarrass me.
I'm too frantic to care at this point. The director
I report to is not the only one who's becoming very,
very unhappy at the prospect of missing this deadline.

Is this something I should find on the Adobe site?
I was getting wait-forever mode on several of the
support pages earlier today.

Any and all constructive suggestions gratefully accepted.
I'm getting no response at all on the BradFramers list.
I thought I'd CC'd this list on my first posting, but I
still don't see the original message, three hours later.

Thanks,

/kevin