page numbering in Index entries

Hello fellow Framers,

I have a problem that seems to have been created as a result of my recent
upgrade from Frame v5.5.6 to Frame v 6.0.

In the template I use for our user manuals the page numbering is set up to
include the chapter numbers [<4-12> ]. The page numbering made it through
the upgrade just fine, as did the TOC. But I have been unable to get the
[<4-12>] page numbering format to work in the index.

In Frame 5.5.6, If I remember correctly this was set up in the reference
pages. In the Frame 5.5.6 the Index Level IX character tags looked like
this:

 1-2, 2-3
Level1IX <$paranumonly>
	Level2IX <$paranumonly>
		Level3IX <$paranumonly>
<$paranumonly>

I have tried adding the new <$chapnum> tag to the format:

1-2, 2-3
Level1IX <$chapnum>\+<paranumonly>
	Level2IX <$chapnum>\+<$paranumonly>
		Level3IX <$chapnum>\+<$paranumonly>
<$chapnum>\+<$paranumonly>

 to no avail. Any other ideas? Is there some other location (character tags,
page numbering?) where I should be setting this up in Frame v6.0.

Any and all help on this is appreciated. Send responses to me directly at
marilyn.daily@pscnet.com and I will post the solution to the list.

Thanks in advance,
Marilyn Daily
Technical Writer