Re: Getting rid of unavailable fonts in FM 5.5.6 on Windows NT

I too have had this "phantom font" problem. My solution is to edit each
occurrence out of the MIF file -- a tedious process. I'm sure some
scripting solution would work, but you have to be careful, obviously. (If I
were really adventurous, I'd create a custom WWP template with only one set
of macros -- one designed to make this transformation, going from MIF to MIF.)

I've had some success using the GUI redefining the tags used in tables, but
that's been unpredictable. In some vague circumstances, under some
combination of galactic appearances, with the moon in some phases, GUI
changes to table definitions and CellBody definitions "take" -- they change
the underlying font defaults.

The long-term solution, for me, is to MIF-edit the offending tags (all of
them), and then use the cleaned-out doc as a template. I'm not sure how to
deal with the problem if it's constantly re-introduced via RTF. Maybe find
the RTF code that creates the problem and fiddle with that?

Yes, I do think only some folks at the Adobe/Frame help desk are aware of
this problem. And it's likely buried deep in the antediluvian portions of
the Frame code.

Sorry -- this is the best I can offer.

Cheers,

Tom Neuburger