RE: Future of FrameMaker: InDesign?

To Bill and Dan,

In this regard, perhaps you could comment on the place of MIF in all
of this. As far as I know, MIF is a totally nonproprietary
representation of anything that could possibly exist in a FrameMaker
or FrameMaker+SGML layout and document.

Many of the complaints about FrameMaker's not advancing and adding
requested features have nothing to do with what can be in a document.
They essentially amount to interface change requests or added
processing commands. They would not have had any impact on the
resulting document anyway.

Given the apparent desirability of a robust, nonproprietary document
format, is there some reason, legally or functionally, that MIF has
not been more widely influential? (Just curious)

David

--
David Cramer, Process Innovation Evangelist          87-1313 Border Street
PBSC Computer Training Centres (an IBM company)      Winnipeg MB R3H 0X4