Re: Acrobat 4 OnLine Help Deficiencies

On Sat, 17 Jun 2000 22:13:42 -0700, Dan Emory <danemory@primenet.com> wrote:

>At 12:50 PM 6/18/00 +1000, Marcus Carr wrote:
>>One posting on this topic I can regard as an ignorable annoyance, but two
>>is an off-topic thread. This has precious little to do with FrameMaker+SGML
>>and as it's being cross-posted to at least three lists (none of which deal
>>exclusively with PDF) it borders on spam. Please direct further rants of
>>this nature to a more appropriate group.
>Well now Marcus, I think you're the one who's ranting. Given the huge volume
>of postings on all three of the lists regarding PDF problems and other problems
>relating to Acrobat 4.0, I think it is entirely appropriate to discuss one
>of the main reasons, which is the inadequacy of Adobe's online Guide and other
>documentation for Acrobat 4 and the new 4.3.1 postscript printer driver.

Good grief, Marcus, what on Earth are you trying to accomplish?  Dan
was annotating errors in docs that *ship with FM 6*.  As list admin of
Free Framers, I find this *entirely* on topic.  Your implied requirement
that PDF issues can only be discussed on lists "which deal exclusively
with PDF" is a bizarre invention all your own, certainly not Net policy
on any list...

Kindly do not arrogate to yourself the job of list cop.  If you have
any such criticism of Dan, or anyone else, please direct it to me, as
list admin.  Off list.  And incidentally, if you expect cooperation on
your projects from other listmembers (as you have discussed both with
Dan and with me), you might be well advised to use your delete key...
before you *send* such poison posts.  They do not speak well of you.

Permission is granted to repost this on the other two lists where the
referenced posts appeared, as I am not a member of either and cannot
do so.

   (jeremy@omsys.com)     http://www.omsys.com/
** To subscribe to Free Framers, email the message **
** body "subscribe framers" to majordomo@omsys.com **