Re: Spurious invalid elements

At 07:30 PM 6/8/00 +0100, Kathleen James wrote:
>When we validate elements at the book level, Frame stops at various
>chapter files and says "Document contains invalid elements". Yet when
>you open the chapter, it says "Document is valid".
>
>Any thoughts, O Knowledgeable Ones?
First, look at the structure view for the book file. Do any of
the book components show up in red? If so, resolve those
discrepancies.

The most likely possibility is that some chapters within the book
are using versions of the EDD that differ from the version of the EDD
imported into the book file. I'd start out by importing the latest
version of the EDD into the book file, and then, from the
book file, importing that same EDD version into all the chapter
files.

If that doesn't solve the problem, the only other thing I
can think of is that the book element itself in the EDD is
specifying exclusions of elements, and there are no such
exclusions of those same elements at the chapter level.
This would make the chapters valid when they're checked
individually, but not when they become part of a book
element having such exclusions.
| Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
10044 Adams Ave. #208, Huntington Beach, CA 92646